For Booking Information

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wissahickon Presentation - student testimonial

It is difficult to put into words what the guest speaker did for me today. I am personally affected by what he said. I cannot even begin to even explain how moved I was from his speech. When he told us that someone in his high school said that the next year could be the best year of they’re lives, I thought it was incredible. But when he told us that we could make our lives whatever we wanted and that we could have our best possible life even when things seem hopeless, it all made sense. All my life people have said that, but it sounds cliché and I never really grasped it. But when he said it the way he did, I suddenly realized that he was right. I had a social studies assignment due the next period and I planned to make an excuse to my teacher as to why I did not have it done. But after listening to him talk about never having excuses and taking full responsibility for everything, I knew that I was responsible for my life and I needed to take action because I have complete control of my life. I decided to do the right thing and tell my teacher the truth. My teacher ended up not showing up, buying me another day to finish the assignment. I am a strong believer in fate and I think I was given another chance to do it, because I was going to do the right thing. I will forever be rewarded for doing the right thing and doing all I can to improve my life. I would only have myself to blame. The motivational speaker really reached out to me and I think it will change my life forever. I feel bad to only be able to say thank you.

Teddy M.
11th grader
Wissahickon High School

No comments:

Post a Comment