For Booking Information

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Speaking at Warren Hills Regional High School

Last month, I had the honor of speaking to about 100 students at Warren Hills Regional High School. It was the most varied student population I had ever spoken too. Some students were in wheelchairs, some were autistic, and some were college prep students. Throughout my speech, students abruptly yelled out. Many students weren't looking at me. But, I knew to keep going because that's what makes a difference. Spoke for 40 minutes. At the end of my presentation, one of the students in the back row raises his hand and says "Bill, I quit and I am hard on myself but after hearing your story you gave me a new outlook on my life. You changed my life". That was amazing! I was fulfilled. All of my practicing in the mirror paid off! A teenage girl raised her hand and said "Bill, I have faced a lot of roadblocks already and I am doing really well now". I knew she wanted to be acknowledged. So I did something I had never done before. I gave her a "High Five". Made her day! She laughed and smiled! All of the other students smiled and laughed too. As the students were leaving, many of them approached and said "Bill, thank you for your inspirational story. You made a difference for me". Was very satisfying and fulfilling for me! The teacher who brought me in to speak said "Bill, you riveted them for 40 minutes. Your speech was one of the best I have ever heard".

No comments:

Post a Comment